- Did you know apart from sun (solar power), wind , water (hydro ), and nuclear electricity can be generated using the various source of energy such as the tidal, geothermal, coal, oil, natural gas, biomass, wave and even animal dung?
- Did you know that the first power plant generation was located in New York City opened by Thomas Edison in 1882?
- Did you know that the first operational electric car was designed and constructed by William Morrison in the U.S. circa 1891?
- Did you know that the word electrocute is made up using the two words electro and execute. So, if one doesn’t die of an electric shock, he or she is not electrocuted?
- Did you know that electric current travels at speed of the 300,000 kilometres per second (at the speed of light)?
- Did you know that your microwave consumes more electric power when it is displaying its clock than it does when it actually heat your left overs?
- Did you know that a minute of sunlight that radiate to the earth carries enough electricity to power the entire planet for a year?
- Did you know that a tungsten light bulb utilizes 10% of it’s drawn electric energy to produce light, while the remaining 90% produces heat?
- Did you know that your fridge consumes less electric power than a Play Station 3 game?
READ ALSO; Get To know How Your Electrical System Works