Every AC to DC power inverter has various buttons or switches on it that serve different purposes and functions. Depending on the company that design and manufacture inverter, it might have different inverter buttons and switches, which you can only know all about them by reading the user manual provided by the manufacture.
However, it is important to be acquainted with the main ones, which are almost similar in all inverters. Especially if you are using a solar electrical power system this knowledge is crucial. This is why we have decided to share with you the different list of power inverter buttons and switches. It is given as follows:
- Power ON/OFF button
One common button that is present on all kinds of inverters is the power ON/OFF button. Below are some points that may help you identify it:
- It is usually found at either the front side or back side of the device and as the name suggests, it is used to ON or OFF the device.
- It is very easy to identify it and you may not need a user manual to locate it.
- It may half a cut circle with a straight line on top as a symbol for identification.
- ON/OFF button is always design to be bigger in size than the rest of the buttons or keys in the inverter.
- Trip reset button
Another important button, which is common in many power inverter, is the trip reset button. How to identify this button:
- Like the ON or OFF button this button may either be present on the backside or the front side depending upon model and design from the manufacture.
- Its main function is to reset the inverter whenever it trip either as a result of overload or short circuit at the output.
- Most times, its name is written along the button to help easy identification of it.
watch the video below and know how to reset an inverter.
video credit by: https://purkeys.net
- Voltage range switch
The voltage range switch is another important switch you must know about. How can you identify this switch and what is it function:
- Another name for this switch or button is a narrow wide range switch, which is used to set or adjust the input voltage range for which the inverter will function on the line mode and switch to the backup mode.
- For safety reasons, it is important to adjust the inverter to narrow mode while you connect sensitive appliances like smart tv, laptop, etc. this is because this mode reduces the switch over a period of time from external sources to battery backup.
- Batteries voltage switch
Another common button or switch that is found on a power inverter is a battery voltage switch. Below are a few details about this button:
- There are different types of inverters, which are designed and manufacture in such a way that they can run either on a single battery or on multiple batteries.
- They can be automatic in nature or they could make certain adjustments for it to work.
- Charging rate switch
Another switch that you are more likely to find on an inverter is a charging rate switch. below are a few tips to know about this button:
- This button is designed to enable possible change or adjust in the charging rate of the charger for the batteries that are connected. For example, larger sized batteries with high power requires a faster charging rate compared to smaller batteries.
- Thus smaller batteries should not be charged with higher rates since this may wear them out sooner.
Some other important common switches or buttons include input/output voltage switch and display button etc. The functions of different power inverter buttons and switches mentioned above may help you understand and operate your inverter in a much better way. However, it is advised that you still study the user manual as every inverter is different and names and signs of these buttons may vary.
Most people who read this article also read