Get your smart doorbell working again
The Ring Doorbell refers to an interesting smart-home product that is easy to set up and use. However, like many smart devices, it may require some troubleshooting. To correct an issue with a Ring Doorbell, one of the quickest and easiest ways is to reset it to factory settings. Here is how.
These instructions are applicable to Ring Doorbell, Ring Doorbell 2, and Ring Doorbell Pro.
Reset a Ring Doorbell to Fix an Issue
You may come across a hardware or connectivity issue with your Ring Doorbell, such as the device not connecting to Wi-Fi properly. You may also experience a problem with a special feature, for example, night vision. In such situations, resetting the device may fix the issue.
Note before this is done make ensure that the ring doorbell is powered
- Search and press the orange Reset button on the back of the Ring Doorbell for at least 15 seconds.
- Press and hold the black button on the front side of the camera for Ring Doorbell 2
- Press and hold the black button on the right side of the camera for Ring Doorbell Pro.
2. Release the button. The ring light will flash to indicate that it’s resetting.
3. The light will go off when the reset is complete.
How to Reset a Ring Doorbell to Disconnect Your Account
Another reason to reset a Ring doorbell is so you could sell it or give it to another user. You don’t have to do anything to the doorbell. All you have to do is disconnect the doorbell from your account on the Ring app so it can be registered and used by someone new.
How to Delete your Ring Doorbell account?
Deleting your Ring Doorbell from the app will help remove any video recordings from your phone. Ensure you download videos you want to keep.
- Open the Ring app, then tap the Ring Doorbell you want to disconnect.
2.Tap Settings(the gear cog) in the upper-right corner.
3. Tap Remove Device and confirm the device’s removal.
4. Confirm the removal from the device by selecting Delete.
That’s all you need to do, and by doing that the Ring Doorbell will be deleted from the app and it will be ready for a new setup, whether you sold or gave it to a friend or stranger he can use it with his own information.